HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPYHyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is a simple and non-invasive medical treatment that serves the purpose of enhancing the body’s natural healing processes through the inhalation of 100 percent oxygen (pure oxygen) in a pressurized room or tube, often labeled as a total body chamber. In this body chamber, the atmospheric pressure is controlled by increasing or decreasing it. In the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy chamber, the air pressure will be increased to three times the normal air pressure, so that your lungs can gather more pure oxygen than you would at a normal air pressure.This therapy is used for a wide variety of treatments that are usually in conjunction with an overall medical care plan.Some examples of the conditions that are treated with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy are decompression sickness (a hazard that comes with scuba diving), serious infections, wounds that are not healing due to diabetes or radiation, bubbles of air in your blood vessels, burn injuries and many more.In regular circumstances, oxygen gets transported throughout the body by the red blood cells. With Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, when you inhale 100 percent oxygen, not only does your blood carry this oxygen throughout your body, but it will get dissolved into all of the body’s fluids, the plasma, the lymph, the bones and the central nervous system. This will help it get carried to areas where circulation is cut off or slow. This extra oxygen will reach all of the damaged tissue, and allow the body to improve its own natural healing process by enhancing the ability of white blood cells to help fight and kill bacteria, as well as releasing substances (growth factors and stem cells) to help promote healing to reduce any swelling and allow new blood vessels to grow rapidly.
It is a simple, non-invasive treatment.
We want to ensure, that when going through Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, our clients will have the highest level of safety and comfort that we can provide. For this reason, we have chosen to install mono place chambers in our center. These chambers are provided by Perry Baromedical, a world leader in the manufacturing, installation and servicing of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy systems since 1956.
Here are some features of our prized chambers:
- Provides a cool, quiet and privatized treatment in individual mono-place acrylic chambers.
- Includes custom-made mattresses, pillows and linens, made with organic and non-off gassing products and materials (no VOCs).
- Has a two-way communication system which allows for a constant patient to technician contact at all times.
- A spacious internal cylinder, which is beneficial for any patients with claustrophobia.
- It is accessible, as it can be certified for patients up to 500lbs.
- Has an installation of 24” flat screen TVs with both CD and DVD features.
- There is an extra-wide stretcher with patient safety handrails.
- Equipped by highly trained and friend hyperbaric chamber technicians. The lead technician is Perry Baromedical’s Chamber Service Technician for Canada.